Why does what you believe matter?
Before we tell you what we believe, let us tell you why it matters.
We're not talking about "religion" here. "Religion" doesn't really matter. It’s not about buildings, rules, traditions or ceremonies – it’s about a true relationship with the God of the universe through His Son, Jesus Christ. There’s really no “religion” to it… Just true faith from the heart in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the cross.
Only Christianity teaches that God loved us enough to make the way for us. Only Christianity teaches that God forgives based on His grace, and He opens His arms to us regardless of how good we are or how much we do. In some ways, Christianity is the opposite of religion. If religion is about humans reaching up to get to God, Christianity is about God reaching down to rescue us. Think about it this way: all other religions require that you DO certain things in order to make it to their afterlife. Christianity is the only faith system that believes that God has already DONE what is necessary for His children to live with Him eternally in Heaven.
We realize many of you reading this may not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and may have many questions about faith, and that's okay! As you explore our beliefs below, we hope you will "test everything and hold on to the good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). God loves you and wants you to know Him!
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13
"We are afflicted and blessed with a chronic restlessness, an insatiable soul-thirst, for this reason: that we might keep looking until we find Christ" - John Piper
What We Believe
- There is one living and true God who is holy, pure, and sinless.
- God loves you passionately and pursues you with His love.
- We are all sinful by nature and by choice and have all rebelled against God, the consequence of which is to be eternally separated from Him.
- Jesus lived a sinless life and died on the cross in our place as payment for our sins so that if we put our faith in Him, we can have a relationship with God now and for eternity.
- Jesus rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will return to earth someday.
- Salvation is a gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit is our counselor, our guide, our comforter, our encourager, and our strengthener. The Holy Spirit convicts people when they sin, leading them to repent and live a transformed life!
- The Bible is God’s Holy Word. The 66 books of the Old and New Testament were written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit, and therefore, are without error. The Bible is our sole authority and source of truth for Christian belief and life!
- We are special and unique creations of God, each of us! We are made in His spiritual image.
- We exist to worship God, grow in our faith and in friendship with each other and be sent in mission and service.